
I'm not sure what that means, but I saw a sign that spelled it like that and I thought it was cute. I love that we live so close to amazing cities like this! There is so much more to go back and see and do. We did the quick tourist route and walked a few miles. It was chilly, sunny and WINDY!

We started at the Visitors Center, next to the President's House.


We saw the U.S. Mint...that's where they make money...


The Mint is right next to where Benjamin Franklin and his wife are buried...

Then the actual Liberty Bell...crack and all.

Did you know they hid the Liberty Bell in Allentown during the war? They did. I'm told.

I really enjoyed Society Hill. What a fabUlous area. Everything is PERFECTLY preserved/restored. Everything is, down to the marble stairs, the working shutters on all the windows and the horse tie ups. Everything was old, but new looking. You can feel the history on the uneven sidewalks as you walk by the houses and buildings built in the 1700's...

It was a fun day. I look forward to exploring more of this city as well while we're here. As night fell, the traffic roared and the city sparkled...

Comments
I hope to visit some day. Peace and love
gramma