NYC Weekend

I'm a little behind in posting these, I really have no excuse. We had SUCH a great time!
We bought cheap broadway tickets at South Street...

Lizzie called her mom to tell her about our GREAT tickets...

This is a bridge that crosses the Hudson. I don't know which one...

And the city... I really wanted to see Ground Zero, so we headed over and ended up getting the last two spots on a walking tour around the site....

It was good to see the site was very active.... lots to build...
I really like the approved plan with the Memorials being the footprints of the towers. It will be really beautiful when it's done.... The towers were twice as tall as the black building in this photo....

The glass building to the left in this photo is WTC 7, the first of the new buildings....
On a happier note, we had Broadway tickets at like half price.... here is the cuz and I in times square, thus the Red Faces.....
We had 6th row tickets to see No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane a.k.a. Practicly Perfect Mary Poppins....

The show was SUPERcalafragalistic fabULOUS! It was Broadway with some Vegas style elements. The story was modernized, but very well done. We really enjoyed it, we smiled through the whole thing! The theater was really cool too, very Disney like....

The next day our tour guide took us through Central Park.... This is the boat house lake.....

This is happy us in front of the (empty) fountain by the boat house lake.....
This was a nice, fancy area under a foot bridge by the fountain.... so much to discover in Central Park....
Seems like there would have been functions in here..... but it was really cold!
Ice rink in the Park.... we didn't ice skate... just enjoyed the view!
John Lennon Imagine 'Shrine'...Lizzie was sad... I smiled...

To continue on our tour we visited The Plaza's front Lobby....this huge arrangement is ALL REAL ROSES.....wow!

Then we went accross the street to FAO Swartz...I had to see the nursery where Baby Nubbins came from.... if you have 30 minutes this is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.... CLICK HERE and then you can skip ahead to Babies Buying Babies (act III)....HILARIOUS! It will explain why I had to see the nurses and the nursery in this crazy toy store!

It's creepy isn't it? This one even kinda looks like lizzie?? ... weird...

lego land had Harry Potter made out of legos....again, wow.

This crazy guy was outside the Rockefeller Plaza, where we were meeting Matt. His little dog had yellow and purple hair, poor thing. And he had glued extra, multi colored feathers on the bird on his shoulder. i love new york.....

When Matt showed up we went to the Top of the Rock....
Tourist pictures....
Look! We're so high up you can see the curve of the earth....almost....

Me, our tour guide, and the cuz....

Silly Girls....
Matt and I could see the Empire State Building.....cool!

That night, Matt and I had tickets to Radio City Music Hall to see David Byrne..... I love this picture, we weren't even drinking!

Oh, one more Top of the Rock picture....I don't know why we are making these faces!

David Bryne and cast wore tu-tus for the finale!

It was an amazing weekend, finally going all these places I've seen on tv and in movies my whole life. We were finally there!

We had such a great time and we decided we want to live there. So now we're working on that!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where did my little river rat go?
to the big city!!
Congratulations on your schooling, You such a brilliant young lady. I will always love you. I miss you but if you are happy than I am happy;
Beautiful pictures.
Peace and love
g

Popular Posts