Baby...IS it cold outside??
A Beautiful Southern Sunrise at the Jobsite...Walking Mileage: 1.87
November Miles Walked: 8.57
Temperature upon departure: 56*
Humidity: 30%

It's finally getting cold here, at least by southern standards. Last night was the first real frost of the season, it got down to 30* and I had to defrost my car this morning, since my ice scrapper is packed away somewhere I did it the lazy Alaskan way. I turned my wipers on high and sprayed wiper fluid with the defrost on high until I could just see enough to get out of the neighborhood.
When I moved here it was the day after Christmas 2006, I had nothing but sweaters and boots. My wardrobe worked for awhile as it was cold for about a month, and then as it got warmer and I grew more accustomed to it, I first stored all my sweaters that I cherished in Alaska as being fashionable and warm. Then I finally purged my beloved sweaters last winter when I moved into the heart of the city in my little house with the world's tiniest closet(s)! This morning I thought, ooh a wool sweater will be nice for the drive into work. I searched my closet as though there was a secret passageway- NO WOOL! For the first time in my life there isn't a speck of wool in my closet! I don't even have a single pair of wool socks right now! My one wool jacket and sweater is packed in the shed out back. I'll take them to Alaska with me next month. I just can't imagine needing them more than a few days this winter.
The guys at work are wearing their carhartt overalls and black lined jackets, and I'm getting more arctic lined carhartts for them too that the company is paying for. I told them they are going to have to move north to wear all those jackets! Most guys in Alaska only have ONE coat- these southern boys have 3 each!!

Comments