Un-Eventful


Walking Mileage: 5.65
January Miles Walked: 16.83
Temperature upon departure: 22*

Burrrr, it was cold last night when you stopped walking. When we first headed out I thought I was overdressed and did get a little warm at the start. Matt came out with us and we planned a 5 mile loop with a stop at the grocery store, so we both had our day packs on. The boys were being really good, and it was nice to have Matt there to talk with, it made the time go by faster. We decided to stop at Target to get me some new little stretchy gloves, as I had left mine in Alaska on accident and to get Petey a new Frisbee. (Blue tears up a Frisbee in about 10 seconds flat!) We met a really nice little dog named Sambroso- her owner even shared the newly purchased dog treats with the boys. She also bought Sambroso a little kids' hoodie to wear since the poor dog was shivering in the cold!

We continued on to the get groceries after that. Matt did the shopping while I sat outside with the boys, Blue on my lap most of the time and Petey sitting on my feet. I don't mind tying them up to the bike rack, but Matt thinks they'll get stolen. So I oblige and like sitting outside for everyone to see and comment on how beautiful the boys are. People point and smile, some come up to meet them- Blue liberally gives out free kisses and tail wags. Since it was a big grocery list, we were outside longer than I thought we would be and the boys were shivering with cold. So I took them to Petco- you know - where the pets go? They really liked that, it was their first time in a store, we walked around and looked at stuff. Luckily there wasn't anybody else in there with their dogs, or else I probably would of got drug around by Blue who was especially social last night! Thank goodness Petey didn't pee on anything either! As usual they were good boys.

Other than that it was pretty uneventful. Walking home with a full backpack was different, it took a slight more effort which felt nice. However I'm still not sore in the mornings, I need to add some biking. I'm feeling better, but still have a cough and a runny (EE-OUCH), sore nose. Hopefully Monday I'll be able to add in biking in the am, and it should warm up this weekend which will also help a lot.

Have a nice weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts