Memorial Weekend at the Lake
We had a great weekend spent at Lake Martin, sunny with a slight breeze and luke warm lake water to cool off when it hit 80* I was loving it! My stepdad Chris' his family has had that lake house since 1945 or something like that, they rent the land from the Russell family, who pretty much built the lake. The house sits on a private sleu and is at the end of a long red dirt road. Petey had been there before when he was a young pup before I became his mom. He knew where we were as soon as I turned onto the dirt road. He immediately jumped in the water, he is a water dog. 
Turns out Blue can't swim. He liked to wade in the water though and explore the shoreline. He would try to swim and his front end would sink like a 100# weight and his skinny back end would float, he just didn't get the whole move your legs at the same time thing! I guess he needs a doggie life vest.
Here's Trey - he is Chip's new high school graduate. Turns out Petey was OBSESSED with the jet ski. He would bark like crazy at it and try to climb on, from the water!
Trey being 18 and having a jet ski, was hardly around much. But he would come home for awhile and then leave again. Petey would go bizerk! He would try his hardest to swim after Trey, his little legs were going so fast he had bubbles come up.
Petey would drag himself out of the water...Blue was always there to greet him!
Petey would shake himself off... and then....
and wait.......and wait some more for that darn jet ski to come back.
Being the good mom I am, I entertained him (FOR HOURS) with retrieving the ball! He loved that. These pictures need NO words.......










Happiest dog on earth!
Comments