100* Heat Index

I'm not entirely sure I want to know what a heat index is, but yeah, it's pretty hot right now. I keep telling myself it's not as hot as last year, yet. My legs are feeling fresh after taking an 8 day recovery stint and learning (forcing myself) to ride SLOW. I mean SLOW as you can imagine. It's really hard to go so slow, but my legs are thanking me for it. I now have a plan to build up my endurance with some volume and intensity increases backed by SLOW rides. It looked great on paper! Then I realized 'wow, it's really hot outside' which kinda zaps the fun, almost.

Yesterday on the ride home it was dang hot so I choose the fastest of the routes home and relied on the wind I created and from the traffic whizzing by. Worked great I was only borderline miserable in the heat. I'm consuming about 150oz + throughout the day and not even a whole bottle on the way home so I think I'm hydrating well. After coming off the recovery stint I felt like I had to work twice as hard to get my heart rate up and my legs burning. I think that is a good thing. So it's all good other than the heat.

Comments

Popular Posts