Sex and Gasoline
Every morning Matt and I wake up to the news on npr. Sometimes between me hitting the snooze we'll catch a story that intrigues and we'll lie there waking up slowly listening. This morning Matt was snoring and I was restless and didn't really listen. Then as I was leaving the house I realized that I thought I heard something about another bank closing...but no, I thought, today it can't get worse. Can it? I must of heard a recap of all the crashing.
At work I tune in via live stream online and sure enough another giant bites the dust. People were making a run at WaMu to pull out their deposits. The news makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone these days. How bad is it I've been wondering. I don't rely on credit, so I'm not panicking, I don't have a mortage or do I plan to any time soon. I also don't have large savings stashed away, nor do I drive (much)- so how is this affecting me? As in ME, not you. :-) I am asking myself this question of lately and am not sure. I mean I still have my job....
My office announced this morning over the intercom system "For all of you that are worried about finding gas, the BS Station on Piedmont has gasoline today." I thought to myself - for real?!
The parking deck was relatively empty this morning at 8:30 my co-workers whispered. Around the corner from my desk I heard two more whispering that their children's daycare combined classes this morning because so few people showed up. I heard the words "eerie" and "spooky" today a lot. I thought to myself- for real people?!
I heard another npr story this morning that warned we all need to stock up our money like squirrels do with food for the winter. It's time to stock up! I thought to myself- FOR REAL?!
Good ol' knba back home brought it all together for me with this song. Gotta love the Alaska way of looking at things!
At work I tune in via live stream online and sure enough another giant bites the dust. People were making a run at WaMu to pull out their deposits. The news makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone these days. How bad is it I've been wondering. I don't rely on credit, so I'm not panicking, I don't have a mortage or do I plan to any time soon. I also don't have large savings stashed away, nor do I drive (much)- so how is this affecting me? As in ME, not you. :-) I am asking myself this question of lately and am not sure. I mean I still have my job....
My office announced this morning over the intercom system "For all of you that are worried about finding gas, the BS Station on Piedmont has gasoline today." I thought to myself - for real?!
The parking deck was relatively empty this morning at 8:30 my co-workers whispered. Around the corner from my desk I heard two more whispering that their children's daycare combined classes this morning because so few people showed up. I heard the words "eerie" and "spooky" today a lot. I thought to myself- for real people?!
I heard another npr story this morning that warned we all need to stock up our money like squirrels do with food for the winter. It's time to stock up! I thought to myself- FOR REAL?!
Good ol' knba back home brought it all together for me with this song. Gotta love the Alaska way of looking at things!
Comments