Certified Good Dogs
Walking Mileage: 4.94
October Miles Walked: 23.89
Temperature upon departure: 71
Humidity: 22%
Last night I walked with a smile on my face for no particular reason. I have a lot to figure out right now, not sure what to do. But last night I just walked, randomly through the neighborhood. In Anchorage I knew every street, I had walked or driven on every street. I have some exploring to do in Kirkwood.
I had probably a dozen people ask me about Blue, 'what kinda dog is that?' I love it, people pull over in their cars to ask. I used to say Great Dane/Pit Bull mix, but I don't want to promote people going out and getting Pit Bulls because of what they look like. Pits can be very good dogs, but they have to be raised with the up most responsibility, which beginner dog owners aren't usually. So I decided to tell people he is a Great Dane mix, and Petey is a Border Collie mix. Both breeds are very good 'starter' dogs, as they are easy to handle and Border Collies are smart. ;-) I really promote that they are both rescue dogs from the pound and how they are the best dogs I ever had.
Several sets of kids stopped and talked to us last night, they petted the boys and I talked to the kids about not just going up to dogs they don't know, don't pet dogs through fences and always asking permission of the owner before they pet them. I am going to start working with them to get both of my boys certified as Canine Good Citizens. How could I not smile with these two!
October Miles Walked: 23.89
Temperature upon departure: 71
Humidity: 22%
Last night I walked with a smile on my face for no particular reason. I have a lot to figure out right now, not sure what to do. But last night I just walked, randomly through the neighborhood. In Anchorage I knew every street, I had walked or driven on every street. I have some exploring to do in Kirkwood.
I had probably a dozen people ask me about Blue, 'what kinda dog is that?' I love it, people pull over in their cars to ask. I used to say Great Dane/Pit Bull mix, but I don't want to promote people going out and getting Pit Bulls because of what they look like. Pits can be very good dogs, but they have to be raised with the up most responsibility, which beginner dog owners aren't usually. So I decided to tell people he is a Great Dane mix, and Petey is a Border Collie mix. Both breeds are very good 'starter' dogs, as they are easy to handle and Border Collies are smart. ;-) I really promote that they are both rescue dogs from the pound and how they are the best dogs I ever had.
Several sets of kids stopped and talked to us last night, they petted the boys and I talked to the kids about not just going up to dogs they don't know, don't pet dogs through fences and always asking permission of the owner before they pet them. I am going to start working with them to get both of my boys certified as Canine Good Citizens. How could I not smile with these two!
Comments