Today's Commute




Was pretty awesome, I read that the bus drivers are bidding to get new routes and a lot of customers are complaining. Just when you get used to your driver they go away. I wrote an email to Xpress people explaining how nice it is when there are bike racks, and how it seems like there would be bike racks on ALL the buses- this was a few days ago. This morning the am bus driver told me that in their morning meeting that they mentioned to the drivers to get bike racks if they had riders that rode their bikes. I guess those emailed comments really work!!

Also, I saw several new people on bikes today that were obvious new commuters. I know because I've done all that. No helmet thinking I'd just be on the sidewalk, looking confused on how to cross some intersections, pant leg all dirty from not rolling up the pants enough. I counted five new faces/bikes today. I guess gas prices are going to make Biking to Work the New Thing!

Rock on.

Comments

Jill Homer said…
Cool to see you loving your commute. I've had a rough go of it these past couple of days. Last night raining and into a strong wind at 11 p.m., and I didn't have any goggles so all I could do was squint at the faint glow of my headlight on the road. I have to admit I was wishing for my car. But I'm going to stick with it and hope to form a habit. I expect the enjoyment will come.
Anonymous said…
Yes Amie, the numbers of new commuters has been going up.

Becoming a bike-centric community doesn't happen all at once. It happens one commuter at a time.

Fortunately, there is a snowball effect and we're starting to get noticed.

Popular Posts