Living in Vacation Mode

Goosey Weeks Miles: 43.4
Rocky's Miles: 5
Walking Miles: approx. 12
MARTA one way trips: 2

This morning all the elements of the weather combined to a perfect morning. As I stepped outside on my front porch of my 1908 house the birds were chirping and the air felt like Hawaii. It was a perfect 83* with sunshine blocked by hazy clouds, a slight wind and enough humidity to make it look hazy across the street and in the tree tops. It was optimal to wear a cotton tee shirt, ofter here it is not comfortable to wear cotton. Except today. Weather carries memories for me like smells do for most people. I often wonder if that is an Alaskan thing or just me. The weather today feels like vacation weather- that's something any Alaskan can understand. I find myself still after 30 months of living here, amazed that so many people live in such warm and perfect weather all of their lives. I never knew this living in the frozen north. Today although I had to work, I was living in vacation mode. That's pretty special.

Comments

Anonymous said…
makes a person wonder if Alaskans are really sane!!I still remember Mexico and the warm warm sunshine I wanna go. gramma

Popular Posts