Wild Game in the City
Sunday night I made the most delicious dinner of spaghetti with a fresh tomato sauce, with green and red pepper, onion, garlic and deer sausage. Probably my best spaghetti ever! So I dished it up to eat all week for lunch since I'm swamped at work.
Today one of the guys in the kitchen asked me what I was heating up "Soup?" he asked.
"No. Spaghetti. With Deer Meat. Yum." I responded.
He asked me if I was serious. Of course I was. I told him it was a perk of being at the jobsite the guys were all hunters so I could get deer meat.
By the look of disgust, and puzzlement on his face I asked him if he'd ever had deer.
"No way." he responded.
"Any wild game ever?" I asked.
"No way." He shook his head and kept tearing his lunch into pieces on a plate. I asked what he was eating as it looked like wonder bread torn into little pieces.
"Chicken." He said. After he warmed it up in the microwave he put it between two pieces of wonderbread.
"So you grew up in the city?" I asked.
It was an odd conversation all around.
Today one of the guys in the kitchen asked me what I was heating up "Soup?" he asked.
"No. Spaghetti. With Deer Meat. Yum." I responded.
He asked me if I was serious. Of course I was. I told him it was a perk of being at the jobsite the guys were all hunters so I could get deer meat.
By the look of disgust, and puzzlement on his face I asked him if he'd ever had deer.
"No way." he responded.
"Any wild game ever?" I asked.
"No way." He shook his head and kept tearing his lunch into pieces on a plate. I asked what he was eating as it looked like wonder bread torn into little pieces.
"Chicken." He said. After he warmed it up in the microwave he put it between two pieces of wonderbread.
"So you grew up in the city?" I asked.
It was an odd conversation all around.
Comments
It is good when you get those perks. We got a big perk (for river services) -Bear meat.
Hope your work gets caught up soon as Matt will be rolling in a few weeks. love your blog.--gramma