Ben Kweller at The Earl

It was a hole in the wall bar, with a red back room. Really, it was red and really dark with a little stage. Matt and I have seen Ben three times now in Atlanta. This was our first time going to East Atlanta. It was really a cool area, super laid back and had a punk like vibe, but just easy going people. We ate at The Glenwood right on Flat Shoals. What a GREAT place> the food, the staff, the owner came over and introduced himself. They had a great beer list and are opening a full wine bar next door. I highly recommend The Glenwood. We will be going back before we leave Atlanta. The Earl was just around the corner, and it was raining lightly. We were SOO early so it was a very relaxed easy evening.
Matt remembered as we were walking in that it was his sister, Gwen's birthday. We stood in the tiny hallway and called her in Alaska. Happy Birthday to Gwen!!!
The show didn't start until after 9. The venues seem to be getting smaller?? But the fans were great and knew all the words and had a great time stompin to the music. It was a rockin sing along show.

Ben was great, the new band was super 'tight' as Matt says. It was raining, and finally, finally I got to meet Ben. I totally tricked him into this picture!
I told him it was our last show in Atlanta as we were moving to Philly. He said, 'aww, I'll be comin up there too" and he went to give me a hug. How sweet is that?! I totally took advantage and pointed to Matt, who had the camera ready. I almost feel bad- but isn't this a great picture?? We have matching hair!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are so beautiful

I love u---gramma

Popular Posts