It's the Holiday Season...in my mind anyways!

I am so excited I can not EVEN focus on anything else. It is in the high 30's here today in Atlanta, I'm wearing a black turtleneck sweater and it totally feels like Christmas to me! I have got the holidays on my mind, holiday in New York that is! I can't believe that me- girl from Alaska- is moving - to *live* a short 95 miles from New York City! I know it's not like we're going to be living in the city, but still I never thought I'd visit, let alone live so close to it. I keep looking at google maps trying to get a lay of the land.



With Halloween this week, Thanksgiving around the corner I deemed it Holiday Music Season. I know it's a little early this year, usually I wait until the week of Thanksgiving, but it's feeling a little strange knowing that we won't be 'settled' for Christmas and will most likely be unpacking on New Years. Its sooo sweet bittersweet. I'm so excited, but am such a creature of habit that it is taking a lot of self discipline for the nerves not to take over. But did I mention how excited I am?!
I am dying to tell everyone at work -"I am going to spend Christmas Day and New Years Eve in New York City!" But I won't be turning my resignation in until Thanksgiving week, so for now I'm just pretending that nothing is going on in my life of excitement right now. I'm bobbing around with this stupid smile on my face today and all 'fa la la la la' like. I have my Holiday music online via pandora.com and am dreaming of the 'most wonderful time of the year' in the 'City that never sleeps!'

Comments