Perfect Weekend Part II
Last Sunday we continued our perfect weekend with sleeping in late and walking to the store for groceries and coffee. I then made us a great breakfast of eggs with green & orange peppers with spinach and they just so happened to turn out perfect. Which really is no skill just luck with my timing!
We spent the afternoon reading and working. Matt worked on his last lab book (ever!) which seemed to put him in a very good mood knowing that it was the last one he'll have to turn in! He is getting so close to graduation this December and yet he still amazes me that he is able to focus so intently on the classes at hand. He needs to get A's this last semester to finish with an 'A' average overall his time at Georgia Tech. He also found out he will be graduating with 'high honors' another pleasant surprise!
I took up some side work for myself, doing the same thing I do now, but remotely. It's challenging which I like, but of course it takes up my free time. Most of my free time these days are spent planning for the next 12 weeks.
I have applied to three schools in Pennsylvania and am waiting to hear if/where I'll get accepted. With the big move approaching Matt and I have a lot of planning, researching, sorting and packing to get done! Not to mention our regularly scheduled Atlanta life that we are keeping up. Speaking of....back to LAST Sunday....
We finished our perfect weekend with an early concert at Variety Playhouse in Little 5 Points with Joan Osborn. We caught an early dinner at Fritti's which Matt had never been and if you spend any time at all in Atlanta, people rave about Fritti Fritti and Sotto Sotto. It's a cute little Neapolitan pizza restaurant. The weather was perfect in the mid 70's and with a breeze and sunshine. The sun went down fast at 7:20 and we headed out to the show.
There wasn't a lot of traffic as is typical on show night at Variety, and we ended up walking in a sitting up front in the second row of seats. We commented on how cool it was that they had set up tables and chairs with candles in the front area where it is usually standing room only. Just then the show began promptly at 7:30 which we greatly appreciated being a Sunday night.
The opening act came out and greeted the about half full house of a mostly gray haired crowd and began. His name was Matt Morris and was very entertaining. He was from Colorado and had the hippie look with an R&B voice playing good ol' folk on his guitar. His songs were catchy and had fun lyrics. We enjoyed his set and his comfort on the stage and how he talked to the audience. I actually went out and bought his cd during the break which I have now done at the last two shows there. The opening acts at Variety have been a pleasant surprise of late!
Joan Osborn came out at about 8:30 wearing a dressy and classic, knee length lipstick red drapey dress with black strappy heels. Her hair is back to the blond, she looked really good. But honestly I couldn't care what she looked like or what she sang as her voice is so unique and lovely! She did a few old tunes from her first CD and then did most of the set off her new CD Pretty Little Things. Matt leaned over to me and said why didn't you tell me she had a new CD? I hadn't downloaded it but they have been playing the songs on knba, but I always assume her stuff is from past CD's - again, I would pay to hear her sing the ABC's!
I had brought my camera but forgot the memory card so no pictures :-( She didn't talk much to the audience, but did say that she would rather sing more to us than talk and said 'sorry' and then went into a great performance of "helpless" which rocked the house of old fogies!
The crowd sat through the whole show which was fine with me, but seemed to really enjoy the performance, as it was pure, raw and flawless. The energy was high from Joan and the audience although it was so relaxed at the same time. The whole show was a very unique vibe from beginning to end and highly enjoyable! She came out again and did a beautiful encore of "Midnight Train to Georgia" to finish us off. I loved it the crowd rushed the stage for the last song in an orderly and polite fashion and then clapped and whistled at the end, then turned and went home. It was such a grown up crowd I loved it! We were home by 10:30 that night, now that's a great Sunday!
We spent the afternoon reading and working. Matt worked on his last lab book (ever!) which seemed to put him in a very good mood knowing that it was the last one he'll have to turn in! He is getting so close to graduation this December and yet he still amazes me that he is able to focus so intently on the classes at hand. He needs to get A's this last semester to finish with an 'A' average overall his time at Georgia Tech. He also found out he will be graduating with 'high honors' another pleasant surprise!
I took up some side work for myself, doing the same thing I do now, but remotely. It's challenging which I like, but of course it takes up my free time. Most of my free time these days are spent planning for the next 12 weeks.
I have applied to three schools in Pennsylvania and am waiting to hear if/where I'll get accepted. With the big move approaching Matt and I have a lot of planning, researching, sorting and packing to get done! Not to mention our regularly scheduled Atlanta life that we are keeping up. Speaking of....back to LAST Sunday....
We finished our perfect weekend with an early concert at Variety Playhouse in Little 5 Points with Joan Osborn. We caught an early dinner at Fritti's which Matt had never been and if you spend any time at all in Atlanta, people rave about Fritti Fritti and Sotto Sotto. It's a cute little Neapolitan pizza restaurant. The weather was perfect in the mid 70's and with a breeze and sunshine. The sun went down fast at 7:20 and we headed out to the show.
There wasn't a lot of traffic as is typical on show night at Variety, and we ended up walking in a sitting up front in the second row of seats. We commented on how cool it was that they had set up tables and chairs with candles in the front area where it is usually standing room only. Just then the show began promptly at 7:30 which we greatly appreciated being a Sunday night.
The opening act came out and greeted the about half full house of a mostly gray haired crowd and began. His name was Matt Morris and was very entertaining. He was from Colorado and had the hippie look with an R&B voice playing good ol' folk on his guitar. His songs were catchy and had fun lyrics. We enjoyed his set and his comfort on the stage and how he talked to the audience. I actually went out and bought his cd during the break which I have now done at the last two shows there. The opening acts at Variety have been a pleasant surprise of late!
Joan Osborn came out at about 8:30 wearing a dressy and classic, knee length lipstick red drapey dress with black strappy heels. Her hair is back to the blond, she looked really good. But honestly I couldn't care what she looked like or what she sang as her voice is so unique and lovely! She did a few old tunes from her first CD and then did most of the set off her new CD Pretty Little Things. Matt leaned over to me and said why didn't you tell me she had a new CD? I hadn't downloaded it but they have been playing the songs on knba, but I always assume her stuff is from past CD's - again, I would pay to hear her sing the ABC's!
I had brought my camera but forgot the memory card so no pictures :-( She didn't talk much to the audience, but did say that she would rather sing more to us than talk and said 'sorry' and then went into a great performance of "helpless" which rocked the house of old fogies!
The crowd sat through the whole show which was fine with me, but seemed to really enjoy the performance, as it was pure, raw and flawless. The energy was high from Joan and the audience although it was so relaxed at the same time. The whole show was a very unique vibe from beginning to end and highly enjoyable! She came out again and did a beautiful encore of "Midnight Train to Georgia" to finish us off. I loved it the crowd rushed the stage for the last song in an orderly and polite fashion and then clapped and whistled at the end, then turned and went home. It was such a grown up crowd I loved it! We were home by 10:30 that night, now that's a great Sunday!
Comments
I know you will find your nit-ch in Penn. There is so much History up that-a-way. Do you know a town yet.?
Congratulations to Matt.
love you from==gramma